To open a VeraCash account, you will need to provide a copy of your proof of identity, your bank details and proof of address less than three months old.
VeraCash has applied the Know Your Customer, or KYC, process since the order issued on 1 December 2016 in relation to the AML/CFT obligations incumbent upon the financial sector. That process allows companies to ensure their customers are compliant with anti-corruption legislation and verify their probity and their integrity. It also aims to prevent identity theft, financial fraud, money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
To that end, before opening an account, VeraCash will ask you to provide the following at the time of registration:
- A copy (front and back) of current proof of identity
List of identification documentation accepted for natural persons:
- French or foreign government issued ID card (if expired, please attach a copy of your French driving licence) OR
- French or foreign passport OR
- work or resident permit (with a copy of your passport)
- Proof of bank account
List of bank account documentation accepted for natural persons:
For French bank accounts:
- RIB bank account slip (with your BIC and IBAN)
For foreign bank accounts:
- a handwritten certificate, stamped and signed by the bank, containing your complete bank details OR
- an account statement dated within the last three months and showing your BIC and IBAN
All foreign tax residents with an account in their country of tax residence must contact their national tax authority to make any necessary declarations.
- A copy of your proof of address, in your name and dated within the last three months
List of proof of address documentation accepted for natural persons:
Only one proof of address is required. It must include your first name, surname and address and must be dated within the last three months.
It could for example be one of the following:
- landline or mobile phone bill
- electricity or gas bill
- water bill
- tax assessment or tax exemption certificate
- property tax bill
- rent receipt (issued by a social welfare organization or an estate agent, or a deed of ownership)
Copies of e-bills are accepted.
In the event of a change of address, you must necessarily provide us with a new proof of address so we can apply your new address to your account. If your VeraCash card is returned to us due to a change of address of which you did not inform us, you will be charged to re-send it to you.
If you are being housed for free, you will also need to submit the following, in addition to your host's proof of address:
- a copy (front and back) of your host's proof of identity (government issued ID card, passport or, if considered official identification, driving licence) AND
- a statement certifying your accommodation, signed by your host.
Copies and certificates are not accepted.
To facilitate the document verification process, please be sure to take clear, legible photos of your documents.
Any document not included amongst those listed above will automatically be rejected.
One last step is required in order to complete your account: please fill out your personal information.
To do that, you will need to log into your account profile, and click on "My information" tab. All the required fields are marked by an asterisk. Please, fill out all the fields and check that your data is accurate:
- Usage details (purposes of use of the VeraCash account, forecast of amount you will deposit on your account, and forecast of amount you will spend with your VeraCash card)
Without this required information, we cannot approve your account.