To open a VeraCash account, you must have a valid ID and provide us with a proof of address as well as a RIB/IBAN in your name.
VeraCash has applied the Know Your Customer, or KYC, process since the order issued on 1 December 2016 in relation to the AML/CFT obligations incumbent upon the financial sector. That process allows companies to ensure their customers are compliant with anti-corruption legislation and verify their probity and their integrity. It also aims to prevent identity theft, financial fraud, money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
The verification of your documents is done manually by our teams. It may take several days before it is completed.
Please note that without this information, we will not be able to validate your account.
1. Verification of your identity
To allow us to verify your identity and to reinforce our security system, you will go through a process where you will be asked to take a selfie as well as show your ID. It has to be done from a smartphone.
Here is the list of accepted proofs of identity for individuals:
- French or foreign government issued ID card (if expired, please attach a copy of your French driving licence);
- French or foreign passport;
- Work or resident permit (with a copy of your passport).
- Driving license (in some countries only).
- Not truncated and fully visible;
- Of good visual quality (no flash, backlighting, blurring etc) ;
- Front and back ;
- The MRZ band must be fully visible.
2. Proof of bank account
Here is the list of bank account documentation accepted for natural persons:
For French bank accounts:
- RIB bank account slip (with your BIC and IBAN)
For foreign bank accounts:
- a handwritten certificate, stamped and signed by the bank, containing your complete bank details OR
- an account statement dated within the last three months and showing your BIC and IBAN
All foreign tax residents with an account in their country of tax residence must contact their national tax authority to make any necessary declarations.
3. Proof of address
Only one proof of address is required. It must include your first name, surname and address.
Here is the list of authorized documents for natural persons dated over 3 months old:
- Last income tax notice;
- Last notice of income tax status;
- Last housing tax;
- Last property tax.
Here is the list of authorized documents for natural persons within the last 3 months:
- Telecommunication bill: landline or mobile phone bill;
- electricity, gas or water bill (payment plan authorized if less than 3 months old);
- Certificate of energy, water, telecom, home insurance contract (must include a 2D-doc bar code or a hypertext link).
If you change your address, please provide us with a new proof of address. If your VeraCash card is returned to us due to a change of address of which we have not been informed, you will be charged for the reshipment of your card.
If you are being housed for free, you will also need to submit the following, in addition to your host's proof of address:
- a copy (front and back) of your host's proof of identity (government issued ID card, passport or, if considered official identification, driving licence) AND
- a statement certifying your accommodation, signed by your host.
Copies and certificates are not accepted.
To facilitate the document verification process, please be sure to take clear, legible photos of your documents.
Any document not included amongst those listed above will automatically be rejected.
One last step is required in order to complete your account: please fill out your personal information.
To do that, you will need to log into your account profile, and click on "My information" tab. All the required fields are marked by an asterisk. Please, fill out all the fields and check that your data is accurate:
- Usage details (purposes of use of the VeraCash account, forecast of amount you will deposit on your account, and forecast of amount you will spend with your VeraCash card)
Without this required information, we cannot approve your account.